Information on Fees
Information on Fees for International Students at Ellesmere College.
- Registration (per year) $NZ250 (non-refundable)
- Tuition fees for 2014, $NZ12500 incl. GST(per annum) / $3125 (per term)
- Placement Fee $NZ250
- Weekly Homestay Fee $NZ230
- Guardian Fee $NZ3000 approximately per annum – (where applicable)
Note: - Fees should be paid by 31 October of the year prior to enrolment. The Weekly Homestay Fee may be paid term by term.
Please see ‘Conditions for Refund of Fees for International Students’ for information on fees being refunded.
What do Tuition Fees Cover?
- Use of text books
- Use of equipment
- Specialised English Language Tuition in a timetabled ESOL class
- Sports trips
- Field Trips
- Trip from Airport, where you will be met, to your Homestay.
What is NOT Included in Tuition Fees?
- Insurance (Student’s responsibility)
- Examination Fees —These apply to national examinations in NCEA Levels 1—3.
- For 2012 there is a flat rate of $375. All Scholarship subjects are additional to the flat rate at $100 a subject.
- College Uniform – (approximately $NZ1000 — all new uniform; other arrangements can be made if required)
- Stationery / Calculators
- Guardianship (where applicable)
- Holiday Programmes
- Year level camps e.g. Year 10 camp
- Year level Ski Trip
- Music tuition
- Private Tuition outside the College
- Personal spending money - $NZ50 per week is recommended
Cyber-Safety Session Thursday 20 June
School Closure Thursday 20 June
Due to weather conditions causing sewage concerns in Leeston township the decision has been made to close Ellesmere College for Thursday 20 June. A decision will be made later today about when we will reopen so please look at our facebook page and website for further updates.