Expectations for Behaviour at Ellesmere College
The Ellesmere College values are Respect, Integrity, Success and Empathy [RISE].
In every situation, whether it be in assembly, the classroom, on the bus, in hallways or on the school field, these values should be demonstrated and lived out.
- Listen quietly without talking.
- Sit still in seats.
- Pay attention to speakers.
- Be patient when entering and exiting.
- Sing the national anthem with pride.
- Wear the uniform correctly.
- Own up for negative behaviour.
- Follow instructions of staff.
- Work to the best of your ability at school, sports and cultural activities so that you can gain awards.
- Acknowledge others achievements.
- Respect other students right to listen.
In the Classroom
- Don’t call out or speak when others are talking.
- Listen to the teachers and other students when they are talking.
- Look after equipment.
- Complete work to the best of your ability.
- Be on time and properly dressed.
- Have the correct equipment for class.
- Own up for own negative behaviour.
- Work hard for grades that you can be happy with.
- Try your very best all the time.
- Keep trying, even when things get tough.
- Understand other peoples learning situations.
- Use manners and positive language with classmates and teachers.
On a Bus
- Follow bus driver instructions and use manners.
- Keep the bus tidy.
- Keep hands to yourself.
- Look after your own rubbish.
- Take responsibility for your behaviour.
- Stay in your seat while the bus is moving.
- Remind younger students to be respectful towards others.
- Look after other students.
- Sit quietly in your seat.
- Respect other students and their property.
- Thank the bus driver.
In Hallways, Common Rooms and around the College Office
- Put your rubbish in the bin.
- Keep hallways clear to let traffic flow.
- Speak politely to people, using manners at all times.
- Pick up any rubbish that you have to keep school tidy.
- Start moving to class when the first bell goes.
- Keep uniform tidy at all times.
- Get to class on time.
- Move quickly so you can be ready for your teacher
- Keep the hallways clear so others can get through.
- Be careful when walking through not to push others.
- Open doors for others.
On the School Field
- Keep the fields tidy.
- Pick up your own rubbish.
- Look after school property.
- If you got gear from the sport shed return it so others can use it.
- Stay on site
- Care for the seats, hoses, pitch etc
- Find some positive activities to get involved in.
- Good sportsmanship demonstrated in games
- Speak nicely to staff and other students.
- Include others in your group/activity.